From: John Robbins <j...@wintellect.com>
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wed, February 16, 2011 10:06:17 PM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Creating just a web app pool on Server 2008 R2 with
IIS
7.5, WiX 3.5 RTM

Just to complete the circle in case someone else has this problem.....

Turns out the IIS CAs in WiX require the WebSite element to be declared. In my
example below, I added the following under the Product element and the IIS CA
sprung to life. :)

    <iis:WebSite Id="DefaultWebSite" Description='Default Web Site'>
      <iis:WebAddress Id="AllUnassigned" Port="80" />
    </iis:WebSite>

John
Wintellect
http://www.wintellect.com