Unfortunately, to get the bind.AssemblyXxx values you need to set the
appropriate File/@Assembly attributes. If you don't go to the GAC, then you
need to set the File/@AssemblyFile and File/@AssemblyApplication to point to
the same file. Its weird WindowsSxS behavior that we probably should have
abstracted better in the WiX toolset.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC