Hello all (again),

I'm attempting to author a patch that patches every file in a package.

To begin with I started with a patch file that only patches some binary,
versioned, components, and that seems to work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>

    <Patch

        AllowRemoval = "yes"

        Classification = "Update"

        <Media Id="5000" Cabinet="RTM.cab">

            <PatchBaseline Id="RTM"/>

        </Media>

        <PatchFamily

                        Id="ComponentsToPatch"

                        Supersede="yes"

                        Version="1.0.0.0">

                  <?include ComponentsToPatch.wxi?>

        </PatchFamily>

    </Patch>

</Wix>

However I want to create a patch that will patch all changed files in the
application. I'm sure I read somewhere (but I can't find the link now), that
if I had no children in the PatchFamily element that it would include all
changes in the patch. However, if I comment out (or remove) the include of
ComponentsToPatch.wxi I get a PYRO error:

error PYRO0103 : The system cannot find the file
'c:\tmp\a3pbt24c\patch.msp'.

I can probably auto-create a full list of ComponentRefs from the install
package to add to the PatchFamily if necessary, but I thought there'd be a
slicker way.

How does one author a patch to patch all files?

Thanks,

John.

~