Hi,

I have a question about the use of the UAC shield icon on the Install
button when InstallPrivileges="elevated".  According to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511445.aspx, "Tasks that
require immediate elevation when UAC is fully enabled have entry points
marked with the UAC shield. In this case, users should expect to see an
Elevation UI immediately after clicking such commands...".
But after clicking on "Install" the wizard moves onto the next page and
it can take several seconds for the elevation prompt to appear.

I'm wondering if WiX is going against the UI guidelines, or if they
instead mean "immediate" in terms of workflow, not time - i.e. users
aren't allowed to interact with the UI between clicking the button and
getting the elevation prompt, though the UI can update?

--
Bruce Cran