The scheduling just depends on whether you want to perform a full
uninstall/reinstall and whether or not you want rollback support. Scheduling
after InstallInitialize does a full uninstall without rollback support - but
others can correct me.

The important thing is having the file version set. Also, by default, the
MsiAssembly table won't have the file version information, only the assembly
version, so you need to invoke light with the -fv switch to add this
information