I presume Session is a DTF thing but I don't use it. Sorry.

From: bharat jasti [mailto:bharat.ja...@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 April 2011 15:43
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Cc: Peter Shirtcliffe
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error

Hello Peter,

I am getting the following error messages in verbose log

Action 10:39:11: InstallFinalize.
Action start 10:39:11: InstallFinalize.
Action 10:39:11: myActionId.
SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSIB27.tmp-\
SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v4.0.30319
Calling custom action
CustomAction2!CustomAction2.CustomActions.MySimpleAction
Exception thrown by custom action:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the
target of an invocation. --->
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.InstallerException: Cannot access
session details from a non-immediate custom action
   at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Session.ValidateSessionAccess()
   at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Session.set_Item(String property,
String value)
   at CustomAction2.CustomActions.MySimpleAction(Session session)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method,
Object target, Object arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes
methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method,
Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes
methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(In
t32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
Action ended 10:39:11: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action 10:39:11: Rollback. Rolling back action:
Rollback: myActionId
Action ended 10:39:11: INSTALL. Return value 3.
Action ended 10:39:11: ExecuteAction. Return value 3.
Action 10:39:11: FatalError.
Action start 10:39:11: FatalError.

What do they mean? What session variables they refer to?

Thanks & regards,
Bharat Jasti
Team IT
Rainbow Design Services