On 14-Apr-11 20:48, Greg wrote:
> Is this a bad idea: I am setting InstallMode in a custom action, for example
> when the Change button is selected:
> Session.Property("InstallMode") = "Change"

Sorry, I forgot that I renamed install mode for WixUI. There's no conflict.

> I understand the potential problem with the version comparison, and I agree
> I may run into a problem with it someday.  But isn't the SDK referring to a
> Version data type?  I am doing a string comparison, and the
> "UPGRADE_FROM_VERSION" value is coming from a registry key as the SDK
> reference recommends - and there is no padding with zeros.

The doc is saying that version numbers don't work well with string
comparisons. The zeroes are just one example. Another is "1.9.100" >
"1.10.0". So they'll work for some version numbers and not others.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/