Hi,

I've created the patch file using the below steps.

1) Extracted the prev and new msi using msiexec /a TARGETDIR=

2) Using the below patch.wxs script i created the .pcp file.

 Collapse

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>

  <!-- Include wxi files -->

  <?include $(sys.CURRENTDIR)includes.wxi ?>

  <PatchCreation

      Id="ENTER_YOUR_GUID_HERE"

      AllowMajorVersionMismatches="no"

      AllowProductCodeMismatches="no"

      CleanWorkingFolder="yes"

      OutputPath="patch.pcp"

      WholeFilesOnly="no"

    <PatchInformation

        Description="$(var.PatchDesc)"

        Comments="$(var.PatchDisplayName)"

        ShortNames="no"

        Languages="1033"

        Compressed="yes"

        Manufacturer="$(var.Manufacturer)"/>

    <PatchMetadata

        AllowRemoval="yes"

        Description="$(var.PatchDesc)"

        ManufacturerName="$(var.Manufacturer)"

        TargetProductName="$(var.ProductName)"

        MoreInfoURL="$(var.OEMUrl)"

        Classification="Service Pack"

        DisplayName="$(var.PatchDisplayName)"

        OptimizedInstallMode="yes"/>

    <Family DiskId="5000"

        MediaSrcProp="$(var.OEMProductLine)"

        Name="$(var.OEMProductLine)"

        SequenceStart="16000">

      <UpgradeImage SourceFile="$(var.UpgradeFileSrc)"

                    Id="UpgradeImage">

        <TargetImage SourceFile="$(var.TargetFileSrc)"

                     Order="2"

                     Id="TargetImage"

                     IgnoreMissingFiles="no" />

      </UpgradeImage>

    </Family>

    <PatchSequence PatchFamily="SCMPatchFamily"

        Sequence="1.0.0.0"

        Supersede="yes" />

  </PatchCreation>

</Wix>

Note: Passed the upgrade image and target image through "candle". Using
"light" created the .pcp file

3) After creating the .pcp file, created an msp file by running
"msimsp.exe -s patch.pcp -p patch.msp -l patch_scm.log"

4)patch.msp is successfully created and in log file i can able to see
the modified files. In ORCA also, I can able to see the difference.
(Open Prev msi, then Transform->View Patch).

5) But after applying patch, the modifications is not reflected.

Please add your suggestions and tell me whether i am missing anything.

Thanks,

S. Preethi