From: David Rickard (USA) [mailto:davri...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 4:18 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Patch install failing on Server 2003 - Error 2920

Ran ICE on the MSI+Patch via Orca:

ICE03   ERROR   Table: PatchPackage Column: PatchId Missing specifications
in _Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: PatchPackage Column: Media_ Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: MsiPatchHeaders Column: StreamRef Missing
specifications in _Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: MsiPatchHeaders Column: Header Missing specifications
in _Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: Patch Column: File_ Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: Patch Column: Sequence Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: Patch Column: PatchSize Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: Patch Column: Attributes Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: Patch Column: Header Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE03   ERROR   Table: Patch Column: StreamRef_ Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
ICE45   ERROR   Row '<my file id>' in table 'File' has bits set in the
'Attributes' column that are reserved. They must be 0 to ensure
compatibility with future installer versions.
ICE82   WARNING This action PatchFiles has duplicate sequence number 4001 in
the table InstallExecuteSequence

The file's attributes are 4608, which is different from all the other files,
which are 512. Could that be the issue?