From: Srivatson Tirumalai <srivatson.tiruma...@citrix.com>
Subject: [WiX-users] InstallUtil.exe alternatives
To: "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 2:00 PM

Hi,

Is there a good alternative for installutil.exe in general available in Wix? We
have a number of places in our installers where we have to invoke
installutil.exe via a custom action for running the installer components in the
assembly. One of the main problems in invoking InstallUtil.exe via a custom
action is that it results in the ugly DOS windows appearing in the middle of
setup.

I do not want to use heat/tallow etc. I am looking for some kind of Wix
extension. Is there any good solution available in Wix for this?

Thanks,
-Srivatson