In general the given WiX translation should fit the UI already and I'd
consider only doing a short test of the given WiX translation. Maybe
check if the longest string (checked with Orca or InstEd in table
Error) fits. For the custom strings the same...

Regarding language placeholders and layout. Had an interesting
discussion with our guy from documentation and his recommendations
about needed space for the different languages. All values are
experience based may vary for certain strings.

His recommendations are: Calculating twice as much space as english
for a string placeholder should be ok. Russian seems to be the
language needing most space (approx. 1,9 as much as English), Spanish
and French follow thereafter with approx. 1,5 and German with 1,4.
Chinese for example is very short as they have few characters for
longer terms like e.g. 火车站 for "train station"...

Btw: User settings may lead to different Windows Installer layouts