Hi Palbinder,
Thanks for the info, I noticed that article before. That one is easy to
understand.

my question is, from this tutorial:
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson3.php

following solution also works, as I verified:

<*CustomAction* Id='LaunchFile' FileKey='FoobarEXE' ExeCommand=''
Return='asyncNoWait' />

but I don't know how.
Is this LaunchFile CA is windows installer predefined CA?

thanks,
William L.