Hi,

I need a way  decide the registry path to write to based on the OS
architecture the installer is installing on.

E.g:
If OS is x64 bit
create a registry key under HKLM\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\MyCompany
otherwise write to
create a registry key under HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyCompany

To achieve this, I nest a component in the a Directory element (does not
allow the component outside of Directory element):

      <Component Id="C_UriInRegistry" Guid="*" >
        <RegistryKey Id="RG_RegistryKey"
                     Root="HKLM"
                     Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall"
*                     Key= >>>>>at this point, how can get a path based on
OS arch: HKLM\SOFTWARE\MyCompany for x86 OR
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MyCompany for x64  <<<<<*

          <!-- URI-->
          <RegistryValue Id="RG_UriSubKey"
                         Name="MyURI"
                         Value="http://www.example.com";
                          Action="append"
                          KeyPath="yes"
                          Type="string"/>
        </RegistryKey>

      </Component>

I considered using condition element like
<Condition>VersionNT64</Condition> but wouldn't that require me to create 2
RegistryKey elements - one each for the case where VersionNT64 is defined
and undefined. I'd like to avoid to deal with two RegistryKey entries and
have
if/else clauses all over the place.

Appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks,