Got a challenging problem.  I have an include file that has versioning
constants in it.  Running from the Desktop, all goes well, the constants are
defined, and the correct version number is set on the MSI.

However, on the TFS 2010 Build agent, the include doesn't seem to work.  I get
the following error:

e:\Builds\35\639\Sources\main\FedLine\Source\Install\FedLineWix\Product.wxs
(15): Undefined preprocessor variable '$(var.ProductMajor)'.

FedLineVersion.wxi:

<Include xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>
  <!-- the build template may update these -->
  <?define ProductMajor = 1 ?>
  <?define ProductMinor = 0 ?>
  <?define BuildMajor = 674 ?>
  <!-- ignored by MSI API -->
  <?define Release = 0 ?>
</Include>

Snippet from Product.wxs:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";
     xmlns:iis="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/IIsExtension";
     xmlns:netfx="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/NetFxExtension";
     xmlns:util="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/UtilExtension";>

  <?include $(sys.CURRENTDIR)FedLineVersion.wxi ?>
  <?define Version = $(var.ProductMajor).$(var.ProductMinor).$(var.BuildMajor)
?>

  <Product Id="*"
           Name="!(loc.ProductName)"
           Language="!(loc.LCID)"
           Version="$(var.Version)"
           Manufacturer="!(loc.ProductManufacturer)"
           UpgradeCode="B73A1EEA-3509-4474-825A-E02C230B0424">

Any clues why this breaks on the Build Agent, but not locally on my desktop?

--
John Merryweather Cooper
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. (Premier Tech, Inc.)

intended
information.
distribution