Hello all,

In an ALLUSER install, I'm trying to set up my desktop icon(s) so that the
WorkingDirectory is set to a per-user location.

If I do (bits omitted for clarity):

<Property Id="PERSONALFILES" Value="%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Our Files" />

<Shortcut Id="shortcut".. WorkingDirectory="PERSONALFILES"/>

Then every user's Working Directory is set to c:\Documents and
Settings\john\My Documents\Our Files   (as "john" did the original ALLUSERS
install)

If I modify the shortcut "by hand" to contain the literal string
"%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Our Files" then Windows evaluates the variable
as the process starts and the working directory is as I want it.

So, in a nutshell, the question is how do I set the "WorkingDirectory"
attribute to contain the literal  text "%USERPROFILE%"?

Thanks,

John.