Hi all - this is our company's first Wix installer, and so far it is working
out very well.  The older products have an upgrade code which we can use in the
Wix Product element to detect major upgrades.  There is just one problem: these
older products use InstallShield (11.5 I think) and when the Windows Installer
major upgrade goes to do RemoveExistingProducts the older .MSI gets removed,
but the InstallShield "stuff" remains.

I looked in the archives, and it sounds like the InstallShield registry entry
can be removed, as can the "<program files>\InstallShield Installation
Information\{product code}" folder, presumably as a custom action scheduled
after RemoveExistingProducts.

Our older IS setups were apparently not made to run silent uninstalls
unfortunately.  I am unsure if this approach is the right one, and just
wondering if anyone has done this and found any "gotchas" with it.  Thanks for
any info!
-Rob