call MsiCreateTransformSummaryInfo.  It's not automatic.

From: "Christopher Painter" <chr...@deploymentengineering.com>

Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 2:06 PM

To: "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, "General discussion for Windows
Installer XML toolset." <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, "General
discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Subject: Re: [WiX-users] How should I be upgrading one of multiple
installed instances of an application?

I was able to use KDiff to see there were differences in the two mst files

near the top of the file. That encourage me to open the two files using

the SummaryInfo class in DTF and the result was major differences.

I'm wondering if this is a bug in Database.GenerateTransform(). It seems

like the SummaryInfo should have been populated. The method only has one

overrload with no mention on SummaryInfo.