We package SQL Express as a prerequisite using .NET bootstrapper.

You can find the package if you have the SDK installed somewhere like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages

We needed to make some modifications to the default package details to
provide a SQL instance name and such. They are just hard-coded as
command-line parameters passed to the SQL installer. I don't know if that
works for you. The  http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/bmg Bootstrapper
Manifest Generator  is very helpful for generating parts of the package
manifest.