I have notice on Nabble that their are several posts which do not specify a
sub-forum (the options are wix-user or wix-devs) which corresponds to the
two different mailing lists.

I am not sure, but I believe that if you don't choose a sub-forum then your
post will only be seen by those who actually browse using Nabble and not
those who just use the mailing list directly.

So, when using Nabble, if you want to make sure the whole community "sees"
your post then I recommend making sure your select a sub-forum before
posting. If you have recently posted something without a sub-forum selected
then I recommend re-posting under the appropriate forum.