I have a really simple MSI that installs a bunch of files and then creates
and starts a service.  One of the files it installs ( privately to the
installdir ) is log4net.dll and is a dependency of the service.

I'm getting bug reports from dev that occasionally the service won't start.
 The root cause is that the log4net.dll is corrupted.  It's the right size
but it's hash is wrong and an examination of the file reveals that it's all
NUL characters.

It's not a build problem because other people can take this exact MSI and
install it on different machines and/or uninstall / reinstall the broken
machine and the right log4net.dll get's installed.

Has anyone ever  heard of anything like this?

Thanks,

Perplexed (Chris)