From: Kiran Hegde [mailto:kirann.he...@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 November 2011 10:29
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Question about wix fragments and componentgrouprefmarkup

Hello,

I am very new to Wix, having transitioned from Install Shield.

I did run into an issue(or probably my mistake) with Wix fragments. I used
heat.exe to generate 6 different Wix fragments. In each of
these Wix fragments, i used the same Id for ComponentGroup.

Later on, i wanted to include all of the components in these 6
different Wix fragments in Product.wxs and associate them with the ***
same** *feature.
However, i hit an issue as follows:
error LGHT0091: Duplicate symbol   (I do not have the complete message)

I am using  wix v 3.5.

To get around this issue, i changed the ComponentGroup id's in all of the 6
different wix fragments to be unique,after which things worked as expected.

Could anyone kindly clarify, if this is the expected behavior?
Is there anything i could do to have the same ComponentGroup  id being used
in different wix fragments and then use them in Product.wxs?

Thanks,
Kiran Hegde
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.