Hi,

  We’ve been compiling with 2.4 for a long time we are considering upgrading to
the latest 3.6 version. I would appreciate if you could answer these questions:

1) 3.6 plays nice with DifxApi. The SW stack contains drivers that have to be
installed and upgraded. I have custom actions that are triggered before and
after installing drivers and everything has to be smooth. Ideally, it should
offer the possibility to Force Repair when installing the drivers, something
that 2.4 cannot.

2) 3.6 comes with a graphical editor for dialogs. I would like a WYSIWYG editor
that can generate the proper WXS syntax. With 2.4, I use a bitmap as a white
background and then have to cut it around checkboxes.

3) This q is not related to WIX, only to MSI: I am using Orca to validate the
database. I looked at the version – the file is as recent as 2009 - and I would
like to know if there are new ICEs or cub files that can be executed against
the MSI. The highest validation is for Windows Vista Logo – is this the most
severe level?

4) The SelectionTree control looks legacy. I would like an ST that just checks
and unchecks without asking “Install from Source”, “Always install from Source”
from a drop-down menu.

5) Sometimes, the logs taken after installing MSI /l*xv log.txt contain error
messages like this:
SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1707
However, the precise source is not known. I would like a stack or a more
granular context around this error. And some errors can be ignored because the
installation does not fail.
Regarding the request for a richer context around error messages, I expect that
this is a feature offered by the OS. If 3.6 can do anything about it, then even
better!

6) Certain conditions need both the true and false cases. I would like to have
only the true case specified, and WIX generate the rest for me.
<Control Id="Back" Type="PushButton" X="180" Y="243" Width="56" Height="17"
Text="[ButtonText_Back]">

<Condition Action="enable">

<![CDATA[((VersionNT = 501 And ServicePackLevel >= 2) Or (VersionNT = 502 And
ServicePackLevel >= 1) Or (VersionNT >= 600)) And Not EXISTINGPRODUCTS]]>

</Condition>

<Condition Action="disable">

<![CDATA[Not (((VersionNT = 501 And ServicePackLevel >= 2) Or (VersionNT = 502
And ServicePackLevel >= 1) Or (VersionNT >= 600)) And Not EXISTINGPRODUCTS)]]>

</Condition>

<Publish Event="NewDialog" Value="FirewallDlg">1</Publish>

</Control>

7) What is the most stable version and when is the next stable version
scheduled for release? I assume that there are no problems writing WIX code and
compiling MSIs for XP to 7.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

Calin