Add a propertyref to the ProductVersion property. If your text file is in a
separate component from the exe then add a componentref to that too.
Orca will only show 2 tables because the rest of the changes are in 2
transforms embedded in the patch. Use the View Patch menu item in Orca after

From: Ulrich Proeller [mailto:ulr...@prosa.biz]
Sent: 11 January 2012 08:00
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Applying a patch (.msp) doesn't increase the product
version

Orca just shows only 2 tables in the patch file: MsiPatchMetadata and
MsiPatchSequence. Therefore I wonder why the patch is doing anything.

Here are the steps to create the patch:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer XML v3.5\bin\candle.exe" patch.wxs
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer XML v3.5\bin\light.exe"
patch.wixobj
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer XML v3.5\bin\torch.exe" -p -xi
..\Releases\V126\SzenariorechnerSetup.wixpdb
..\Releases\V127\SzenariorechnerSetup.wixpdb -out patch.wixmst
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer XML v3.5\bin\pyro.exe" patch.wixmsp
-out patch.msp -t RTM patch.wixmst -sf

The switch "-sf" in the pyro command was added the get rid of a duplicate key
error.