From: Daniel Sniderman [mailto:dani...@magenic.com]
Sent: 10 January 2012 18:21
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Conditionally Include based on Build Configuration

I'm working on automating our Build - and migrating from VS Setup to WIX.

We have a Windows Forms Application that has two different Configurations -
One to Deploy to Citrix Servers and another for occasionally connected Laptop
Users (plus several "environments" dev/qa/prod etc)

For the two different configurations the differences are in differing config
settings (which I've already figured out how to)

What I need help with - the Laptop MSI needs include an additional EXE and a
few corresponding files - and add a shortcut to the additional EXE to the
startup folder.

Ideally I'd like one WIX solution (and wxs file if possible) that based on
the "Configuration to Build" setting (ideally both from a desktop build and a
TFS 2010 build) create the appropriate MSI.   (IE - I don't want a single
type of MSI that requires the user to select based on UI).

What is the best way to implement this?

Thanks!

Daniel P. Sniderman| Sr Consultant| Magenic
MCSD.NET, MCTS: Team Foundation Server 2010 Administration

333 E. Butterfield Rd. Suite 100, Lombard, IL 60148
Mobile: 847-668-4882  | eFax 847-390-7810
magenic.com | dani...@magenic.com<mailto:dani...@magenic.com>

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.