Hi folks,

as I read in the WiX 3.6 Beta release notes, burn does support package
ref-counting now, which according to my understanding should guarantee, that
shared packages are uninstalled only if all bundles sharing the packages
were removed.

Here is a little example:

- install Bundle1(containing SharedPackage, Package1)
- install Bundle2(containing SharedPackage, Package2)
- uninstall Bundle1
    --> results in removal of SharedPackage and Package1

I would expect that only Package1 gets removed.

Am I just misunderstanding the feature or may I miss something in my bundle
definitions?

Best regards
Christian