From: Dan Gough [mailto:goug...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:43 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] XmlFile element issues - any XPath experts out there?

Hi,

I've successfully set up a few xml file configuration items using the
XmlFile element, but I have an instance that is not working as expected,
hopefully somebody out there can help!

This is a cut down sample of my xml file:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<evidence_gatherer>
    <evidence>
        <evidence_type type="notification">
            <xslt_sql>UPDATEME</xslt_sql>
        </evidence_type>
        <evidence_type type="ts_feature">
            <xslt_sql>UPDATEME</xslt_sql>
        </evidence_type>
    </evidence>
</evidence_gatherer>

And this is my WiX markup:

<util:XmlFile Id="Notif" Action="setValue"
ElementPath="/evidence_gatherer/evidence/evidence_type[/[]@type='notificatio
n'[/]]/xslt_sql"
File="[#evidence_gatherer.xml]" Value="[#notification_sql.xsl]"/>
<util:XmlFile Id="Feat" Action="setValue"
ElementPath="/evidence_gatherer/evidence/evidence_type[/[]@type='ts_feature'
[/]]/xslt_sql"
File="[#evidence_gatherer.xml]" Value="[#ts_feature_sql.xsl]"/>

The result I get is that both statements end up selecting the same first
node (where type='notification'), which ends up being left set to the value
of the last operation.

I believe I am correctly escaping the square brackets above.  If I try to
refer to them in order, e.g.
/evidence_gatherer/evidence/evidence_type[1]/xslt_sql, that does not work
either.  Have I stumbled upon a bug (I'm using v3.6) or are my XPath
statements wrong?

Thanks,
Dan