I am building an installer with a device driver, to be installed with the WiX
difx extension. The driver is self-signed for testing purposes. I set my
<Package> element to
<Package Description="..."
                 InstallerVersion="200"
                 InstallScope="perUser"
                 Compressed="yes"
                 InstallPrivileges="elevated" />
and everything seemed fine. However I reasoned that a device driver had better
be perMachine so I changed the InstallScope to perMachine.
Now the installer fails and rolls back. Looking at the logs it is difx,
returning error TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE.
My questions:
1. Does WiX handle the case where a perUser install has a device driver (as
long as InstallPrivileges is elevated)?
2. Am I correct in saying that the problem is my self-signed certificate - it's
trusted by 'me' but for a perMachine install it is no longer trusted?

Thanks in advance,
Pete