I posted a commented on your SF bug and figured I would post it here as well:

I couldn't view your attached image (I think it's corrupt) but I suspect
the problem might be the same issue I was seeing at one point with my own
experimental BA.

My issue was rooted in the fact that the engine performs its work (Detect,
Apply, etc.) on a different thread. So, when you tell the engine to run
Detect() it posts a message to the worker thread and returns immediately.

In my case, I was initializing data that was needed by the UI during the
detection phase but sometimes the UI was being displayed before detection
actually finished (for reasons mentioned above).

What I ended up needing to do was to have my BA thread wait for detection
to complete before showing my UI window. I accomplished this by calling
EventWaitHandle.WaitOne() immediately after calling Engine.Detect(). I then
called EventWaitHandle.Set() in my DetectComplete() callback so my BA
thread would continue.

Hope this helps!