Hi,

I am Ananda. D . Our driver Installation package has developed using
WIX. We used "dpinst.exe" to install drivers in a C# Custom Action DLL.
Dpinst returns a value about the status of the drivers installed, it may
have "Restart". I got the values successfully in C# CA. But I need to
inform the WIX to restart the computer after installation of whole
package.

I am using the following line to restart the computer after
installation.

<ScheduleReboot After="InstallFinalize">RebootRequired =
"true"</ScheduleReboot>

The "RebootRequired" property can set in CA if it is called as
"immediate" but if is called as "deferred". We must call that CA as
"deferred".

Is there any way to return a Boolean or String value from C# deferred CA
to WIX?

It may help us for other CA also. Awaiting for reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Ananda. D