From: Osanger, Martin [mailto:martin.osan...@fabasoft.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 18. April 2012 17:55
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Installing into the roaming profile

Hello,

My current situation (per user installation):

I install my files to the "AppDataFolder" directory (in a subfolder).
Now I can switch the pc's and have the installed data (saved to roaming
profile) available. But I'm not able to uninstall the files, if I'm not on the
pc where I installed the msi file (cached-msi-file and ARP entry was not roamed)

Some customers delete their "LocalAppDataFolder" on logoff, so I have to
install it to the "AppDataFolder"

Are there any best practices for creating a WIX based MSI for roaming profiles?

Kind regards,
martin