From: Sven Riede [mailto:sven.ri...@alliedvisiontec.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:07 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Installing multiple versions of the same product under the
same upgrade code

Hi,

I want to have multiple versions of the same product to live on the target
machine at the same time. Each of them has its own installer. To have a common
key for all versions I would like to share the upgrade code. From what I have
learned so far, the upgrade code is good for a major upgrade that uninstalls
the older version. But is it safe to use the same upgrade code for multiple
versions without uninstalling the older ones? I have seen that Microsoft does
it - among others - for the MSVC 2005 Redistributables. Does anyone have
experiences with this?

Thanks,
Sven
intended