This question sounds quite straightforward but I couldn't find a clear
solution. I have created one WIX custom action project and one WIX installer
project which is using this managed CA dll. It succeeds in calling the
function of CA project, but inside the CA function there is some error. So
obviously I want to step into my CA function to see what's going on. But I
don't know how to do that. I tried to attach to the msiexec process, but
still after I put one break point at my CA function, it says no symbol
loaded. I take it means my CUSTOM_ACTION.pdb is not loaded or built with the
installer project. But it is not like any other project where I can set to
include the pdb file in debug mode complication. I did try this:

<Binary Id="CustomActionDll"
SourceFile="$(var.CUSTOM_ACTION_PROJ.TargetDir)$(var.CUSTOM_ACTION_PROJ.TargetName).CA.dll"
/>
<Binary Id="CustomActionDll_dbg"
SourceFile="$(var.CUSTOM_ACTION_PROJ.TargetDir)$(var.CUSTOM_ACTION_PROJ.TargetName).pdb"
/>

But still it doesn't work. I still can't step into my function. Is it even
possible to step into a custom project's function? Thanks!