Hi,

I really need some creative ideas here, some out of the box thinking.

I have a situation where an exe package has a payload file (a text file),
and for this to work under normal circumstances (without Burn, just double
click on the exe) the payload file needs to be placed in the same folder as
the exe.

But! When I install using Burn and my Bootstrapper application the exe
doesn't find the payload file for the simple reason that the installation
isn't started in the same folder as where the exe and payload file are
placed (package cache\etc...). Since the process is started by the
bootstrapper, it also looks for the payload file in that folder.

I tried using the layout switch, which worked really well until I realized
that when the user downloads the Bootstrapper application he/she might put
on the desktop. This means that all the installation files also are put
there. Not pretty.

My only solution right now is to create an exe that when extracted puts the
Bootstrapper app in a new folder somewhere, but I would really like to make
this work using Burn instead.

Ideas anyone?

//Caisa