Is there a route that burn takes to determine how to update ?

If do the following same version number and upgrade code .
build,install, build , install .
 I get two entries in the ARP list for the exact same application name
and version.
Is there a way to prevent this ?

This is mainly for development , the official builds the version
number will be incremented.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Patrick Earl <pate...@patearl.net> wrote:
> Thanks Rob, appreciate the insight.
>
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Rob Mensching <r...@robmensching.com>wrote:
>
>> I need to write the blog entry about this. Bundles are registered on the
>> machine. Bundles can be uninstalled, manage the package cache and they
>> reference count their packages. Basically, they do everything in their
>> power to help create a "unified installation experience for a set of
>> packages". Looking back (and this is the part I want to reflect on in the
>> to-be-written blog entry) "bootstrapper" probably oversimplifies what Burn
>> provides.
>>
>> As such, a higher version Bundle upgrades lower version Bundles with the
>> same UpgradeCode or RelatedBundle of type "upgrade". UpgradeCode is really
>> just a (required) shortcut to define a RelatedBundle. RelatedBundles are
>> wicked cool concepts that are not at all well documented yet... another
>> blog post or three. <smile/>
>> Hopefully that provides a bit more background to make things less
>> confusing.
>> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Patrick Earl <pate...@patearl.net> wrote:
>>
>> > What's the UpgradeCode for on Bundles?  I understand that in Products it
>> > searches for any existing products with the same upgrade code and removes
>> > them when installing the new one.  I don't see how having an UpgradeCode
>> on
>> > the bootstrapper is relevant, since it doesn't get installed.
>> >
>> > In other words, what would happen if I just gave all my bootstrappers the
>> > same GUID for the upgrade code?
>> >
>> > Confused,
>> >
>> >        Patrick Earl

>> --
>> virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC

Sincerely,

Benjamin Bennett
314.246.0645
benbenn...@gmail.com

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
Richard Feynman