MSbuild is installed with the dotnet framework so you won't need to
install SharpDevelop or VS. What you are getting is that msbuild can't
find the Wix targets and binaries.

For all my wix projects I redirect the wixproj files to point to a
directory that is checked into source control. That way the build
machine won't need to have wix installed. Check
http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/daily_builds.htm for info on
how to to that.

Richard Mayes
Blog: http://blog.slinkysoftware.com