Rob,

Unless I am mistaken, that criteria: "[no] Property substitutions ..." is
only relevant if I am asking WiX to generate the Guid; which seems to be
indicated in the initial message.

"The Component/@Guid attribute's value '*' is not valid for this
component..."

What has me confused is that the Guid is explicitly specified, and is not
generated. I don't understand why the error is posted. The component was
acceptable within the mergemodule (WiX happily generated the merge module).
But it is choking since I moved it into a lib.

thanks,
bill