Just to clarify: It was the user who pinned our shortcut to the
taskbar. And it is the user who complains after installing the upgrade
to our application because that pinned shortcut ends up as
half-removed.

I guess the reason for the disappearing pinned shortcut is because my
installers only do Major Upgrade. The implied uninstall of previous
versions removes the file the pinned shortcut pointed to.

One of the reasons that I have avoided Minor Upgrade mode is that the
WiX tutorial states "minor upgrades cannot be run simply by clicking
on the .msi file" and I much prefer to keep my .msi installer as pure
as possible (to ease deployment for network admins).

Am I barking up the right tree here? I think I'll close the bug report
from my user as "as designed". Or should I consider changing to Minor
Upgrade and provide both .exe and .msi versions of my installer?

--
Rune