We have a product that installs a few certificates on the system using the
IIS extension using WiX 3.0. Evidently, there is an issue with the
certificate action(s) in this version of the toolset.

We are unable to uninstall/upgrade from this specific version in the field.
I would like to know if there is a way during the uninstall (i.e. msiexec
/x .....) to pass command line parameters/properties to skip the uninstall
of specific components, in this case the certificate that is giving us
problems.

The original authoring has conditions to skip the certificates when
installing the product. Passing these properties during the uninstall does
not seem to skip them during the uninstall process (like I was hoping it
would).

Ultimately, we have tested with WiX 3.5 and the bug appears to be fixed.
So, we would like to be able to get the old version of the product
uninstalled, leaving the certificate it originally installed behind, and
then with the new WiX 3.5-built package reinstall the certificate hoping to
workaround this original WiX 3.0 issue.

If there is no other way to selectively uninstall, is there a possible way
of forcibly causing the uninstall to succeed (understanding that some
artifacts might be left behind)?

I have all of the details of the original installation package, so if
anything can be done I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks.