When using Burn to deploy a rather large MSI (over 27k components), the
WixSTDBA doesn't provide granular enough feedback. I was pondering adding
ActionData messaging so the end user would be aware that the install hasn't
hung. Would this be a valid feature request with an associated patch? If I
supplied a patch would this be something that would even be considered in the
3.7 timeframe? My implementation allows this ActionData to be suppressed by
default and use an option to turn it on.

Ex:
         virtual int __stdcall OnExecuteMsiMessage(
                 __in_z LPCWSTR wzPackageId,
        __in INSTALLMESSAGE mt,
        __in UINT uiFlags,
        __in_z LPCWSTR wzMessage,
        __in DWORD cData,
        __in_ecount_z_opt(cData) LPCWSTR* rgwzData,
        __in int nRecommendation
                 )
         {
                 if (m_fSuppressActionData != FALSE)
                 {
                          ThemeSetTextControl(m_pTheme,
WIXSTDBA_CONTROL_EXECUTE_ACTIONDATA_TEXT, wzMessage);
                  }
                  return __super::OnExecuteMsiMessage(wzPackageId, mt, uiFlags,
wzMessage, cData, rgwzData, nRecommendation);
         }

Thanks,
Jacob