I have two installers that share 4 services... each service creates its
service and "uninstalls" its service:

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="SetStartESService" After="CostInitialize">NOT
Installed</Custom>
      <Custom Action="StartESService" Before="StartServices">NOT
Installed</Custom>

      <Custom Action="SetStopESService"
After="CostInitialize">Installed</Custom>
      <Custom Action="StopESService"
Before="StopServices">Installed</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

for the fileset I have added: SharedDllRefCount="yes" which will ensure that
the files will not be uninstalled if removing one product, however the
services are being "uninstalled" (the service is removed not the files)

I was thinking of within the product.wxs of each product create a property
registry search for the other products GUID (which means if exist the
product is installed, I could add that property search into the
InstallExecuteSequence for each custom action to make sure the service isn't
recreated and not "uninstalled" if installing both...

Does that make sense or is there a better way to do this?

thanks,

Steve