I'm using a few DTF libraries from the v3.6 source code in a project,
specifically Compression, Compression.Cab, WindowsInstaller, and
WindowsInstaller.Package. It's working well, but I think I've either broken
something or there's an issue with resource compilation in those projects.

I first noticed it when I handed a bad path to the constructor for
WindowsInstaller.Package.InstallPackage. It throws a TargetInvocationException
with the inner exception message:

"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the
neutral culture.  Make sure
\"Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Errors.resources\" was correctly
embedded or linked into assembly \"Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller\" at
compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and
fully signed."

I was able to find files named "error.txt" in both
src/DTF/Libraries/{Compression.Cab, WindowsInstaller}. These text files look
like sources for resources, but they aren't compiled. My best searching
indicates that I need to use a utility called resgen.exe to compile these and
then link them into the assembly.

Did I lose something in the build processes of these DTF libraries that would
compile those "error.txt" files? Or is using resgen.exe in a pre-build script
expected?

Thanks,
Janzen

--