Dude... You rock... works like a charm :)

Thank you very much, I made some minor modifications:
<Chain>
      <PackageGroupRef Id="Netfx4Full"/>

<Fragment Id="InstallConditionChecks">
    <!-- Check for .NET 4.0 -->
    <WixVariable Id="WixMbaPrereqPackageId" Value="Netfx4Full" />
    <util:RegistrySearch Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework
Setup\NDP\v4\Full" Value="Version" Variable="Netfx4FullVersion" />
    <util:RegistrySearch Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework
Setup\NDP\v4\Full" Value="Version" Variable="Netfx4x64FullVersion" Win64="yes"
/>

    <PackageGroup Id="Netfx4Full">
      <ExePackage Id="Netfx4Full"
                  DisplayName="Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0"
                  SourceFile="..\..\PreReqs\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe"
                  InstallCommand="/passive /norestart"
                  Permanent="yes"
                  Vital="yes"
                  DetectCondition="Netfx4FullVersion AND (NOT VersionNT64 OR
Netfx4x64FullVersion)" />
    </PackageGroup>

I would look at how Wix did their custom BA.

IE, in your bundle chain..
        <Chain>
            <PackageGroupRef Id='Netfx4Full' />

And then include

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";
xmlns:util="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/UtilExtension";>
    <Fragment>
        <WixVariable Id="WixMbaPrereqPackageId" Value="Netfx4Full" />
        <WixVariable Id="WixMbaPrereqLicenseUrl" Value="NetfxLicense.rtf" />

        <util:RegistrySearch Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework
Setup\NDP\v4\Full" Value="Version" Variable="Netfx4FullVersion" />
        <util:RegistrySearch Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework
Setup\NDP\v4\Full" Value="Version" Variable="Netfx4x64FullVersion" Win64="yes"
/>

        <PackageGroup Id="Netfx4Full">
            <ExePackage Id="Netfx4Full" Cache="no" Compressed="no"
PerMachine="yes" Permanent="yes" Vital="yes"
SourceFile="dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe"

DownloadUrl="http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/A/95A9616B-7A37-4AF6-BC36-D6EA96C8DAAE/dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe";
                        DetectCondition="Netfx4FullVersion AND (NOT VersionNT64
OR Netfx4x64FullVersion)" />
        </PackageGroup>
    </Fragment>
</Wix>

If I had to guess, the extension is only valid for the MSI scope and not the
Burn scope.