Hi all,

I created a bundle that can install up to 5 different MSI packages (different
products).
The bundle allows the user to install / modify / uninstall / layout through a
managed UI.
"Install" allows the user to select which MSI packages should be installed,
"Modify" which packages to be installed or uninstalled.
"Install" is available only if no defined packages is installed, "Modify"
available only if at least one package is installed (so they exclude
each-other).

I built 2 bundle versions, 1.1 and 1.2.
I have a problem with the burn behavior in a specific case, when:
- I run bundle v1.1 - install only one MSI package

- I run bundle v1.2 - add a second MSI package.
After this I will have 2 MSI packages installed and bundle v1.1 gets
uninstalled (actually only unregistered - the MSI it installed remains
installed).
Bundle v1.2 adds this new package by doing a BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION_MODIFY.
The problem I have is that in this case the
....\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{bundle key}registry entry is not fully
configured.
It contains only "Installed" = 1 and "Resume" = 3 values.

Why this is a problem - I am trying to make a lower version bundle not execute
when a newer version bundle is already registered on a computer.
In this specific case, running again the v1.1 bundle will not detect the
related v1.2 bundle version.
I assume this happens as burn no longer finds the upgrade code entry in the
registry key.

I had a look in WiX sources (3.6.3005) - registration.cpp -
RegistrationSessionBegin writes the upgrade code only when the action is
BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION_INSTALL or BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION_REPAIR.

Is this a known bug/problem ? Or am I using BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION_MODIFY
incorrectly ?

Is there a reason why RegistrationSessionBegin does not write all registry
entries also for BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION_MODIFY ?
Question is, am I safe if I rebuild WiX after adding BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION_MODIFY
in the RegistrationSessionBegin reg write condition check ?
Or will I face a problem (I can't figure one out now) ?

Regards,
Adrian