We have a situation where the original install uses a property named 'DBTYPE'
to determine optional nstall of files.  On the base install, some properties
are written to the registry, but DBTYPE is not.

In the patch this is having a negative effect because the DBTYPE is defaulted
to '1' and when it was set to '2' in the base install, the patch installs the
wrong files.

To correct this until we can perform a new full base version we are looking to
test the value of another property to set DBTYPE

        <Property Id="DBVERS">
            <RegistrySearch Id="GetRegDbVers" Root="HKLM"
Key="SOFTWARE\AssetPoint\[ProductName]" Type="raw" Name="DBVers" />
        </Property>
           <SetProperty Id="DBTYPE" After="AppSearch" Value="????">

In the example, when DBVERS has a value (the value does not matter) we need to
set DBTYPE to '2'.  I have looked for examples, but cannot find a direct
method.  I am not certain how a custom action would work here.  Is there are
way to say

IF DBVERS <> "" THEN SET DBTYPE="2"

Justin Hull
Sr. Developer