Hi All,

I have setup my MSI so that it detects when a newer (higher version) is
installed.  This works fine from a human interface point of view (i.e. I get a
message saying that a later version is already installed).  However when
another product tries to install my MSI they are expecting to get the 1638 MSI
error (ERROR_PRODUCT_VERSION), but instead we are seeing the 1603 MSI error
(ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE).

Can anyone help?

FYI --  Here are snippets of my wxs file with the relevant info:
<Upgrade
  Id="{2DE4B44F-6886-4b1e-BF91-BD0236D428D9}">
  <UpgradeVersion
         Property="OLDERVERSIONBEINGUPGRADED"
        Minimum="2.7.0.0" Maximum="!(bind.FileVersion.ccsw32.dll)"
        IncludeMinimum="yes"
         IncludeMaximum="yes"
        OnlyDetect="no"/>
  <UpgradeVersion Property="NEWERVERSIONDETECTED"
         Minimum="!(bind.FileVersion.ccsw32.dll)"
        IncludeMinimum="no"
        OnlyDetect="yes"/>
</Upgrade>

<Condition Message="A later version of [ProductName] is already installed.
Setup will now exit.">
   NOT NEWERVERSIONDETECTED OR Installed
</Condition>

I am seeing in the log file that NEWERVERSIONDETECTED property is added.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carl