From: Wesley Manning [mailto:wmann...@dynagen.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:12 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] terminate/stop/close Application when installing

In Vista and above the restart manager closes the app:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa373651%28v=vs.85%2
9.aspx.  That is what I use.  For Windows XP I have a custom action that
closes my app although it looks like I should use Util:CloseApplication.

There was a period of time when I didn't have the above implemented and
funny thing is that I never had an install stop when the old version of the
app I was installing was open.