the close util:CloseApplication works fine because it closes the
application graciously by displaying a dialog box with a close message
within the application. but i needed something that would "kill" the
process and i found the following:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11439767/how-to-kill-a-process-from-wix

<Property Id="QtExecCmdLine"
Value='"[WindowsFolder]\System32\taskkill.exe" /F /IM MyProcess.exe'/>
<CustomAction Id="MyProcess.TaskKill" BinaryKey="WixCA"
DllEntry="CAQuietExec" Execute="immediate" Return="ignore"/>

it works fine but it displays this warning message below, my question
is: Is there a better way to add this property?

C:\Product.wxs(24) : warning CNDL1077 : The 'QtExecCmdLine' Property
contains '[WindowsFolder]' in its value which is an illegal reference
to another property.  If this value is a string literal, not a
property reference, please ignore this warning.  To set a property
with the value of another property, use a CustomAction with Property
and Value attributes.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Phil Wilson <phil.wil...@mvps.org> wrote:
> You can write a custom action that uses the MsiProcessMessage (or
> equivalent) call with INSTALLMESSAGE_FILESINUSE to cause a FilesInUse dialog
> to display, as long as you populate the required record in the right way.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa371614(v=vs.85).as
> px
>
> Phil

Best always,

Muzi
082 594 4807

Light, Love & Prosperity in Abundance!!!