From: StevenOgilvie [mailto:sogil...@msn.com]
Sent: October-18-12 5:22 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Installing to inetpub\wwwroot...

Hi,

I am trying to install a web application to the following directory:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wws\VirtualDirectories\[Web_SITE_PORT]

the WEB_SITE_PORT property is set to 1111 by default but within the UI of the
installer we ask the User if they want to change the port and we verify that
the port is closed (not in use)

For the life of me I can't get the install dir to work properly :( (my web app
is a merge module with a bunch of WIXLIBS)

Within the Merge Module I have this:
<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="MergeRedirectFolder">

This is how I have the directory elements set up:
<Fragment>
    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="IISMain" Name="inetpub">
        <Directory Id="WWWMain" Name="wwwroot">
          <Directory Id="WSS" Name="wss">
            <Directory Id="VirtualDirectories" Name="VirtualDirectories">
              <Directory Id="INSTALLFOLDER" Name="[WEB_SITE_PORT]"
DiskId="1">
I get this as the path:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\[WEB_SITE_PORT]\

or Name="WEB_SITE_PORT" (I get this as the path)
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\WEB_SITE_PORT\

I tried this:
<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="IISMain" Name="inetpub">
        <Directory Id="WWWMain" Name="wwwroot">
          <Directory Id="WSS" Name="wss">
            <Directory Id="INSTALLFOLDER" Name="VirtualDirectories"
DiskId="1">
              <Directory Id="WEB_SITE_PORT"> I get this error while "Computing
Space Requirements" "Could not access network location 1111.

Surely a directory can have only numbers in it!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Steve