Also you could have 2 different components - one for each service type - with
opposite conditions. It'll be easier to maintain if the 2 versions of the
files differ further as time goes on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: 20 October 2012 18:43
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Conditional util:XmlFile change...

Condition the Component.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:44 PM, StevenOgilvie <sogil...@msn.com> wrote:

> I have a .config file I need to change if the install running is the
> client install and NOT the server install (we share the services
> between client and server installations)
>
> I have this code:
> <Component Id="cmp_EnterpriseServiceConfig"
> Guid="{76DCFB0D-B7BD-4089-AD4D-945931CD73FD}" Permanent="no"
> SharedDllRefCount="yes" Shared="yes">
>             <File Id="file_EnterpriseServiceConfig" KeyPath="yes"
> Name="MyCorp.Enterprise.Service.dll.config"

Source="$(var.tssSourcePath)\MyCorp.Enterprise.Service\MyCorp.Enterprise.Serv
ice.dll.config"
> />
>             <util:XmlFile Id="ModifyIsMyCorpServer"
>                           SelectionLanguage="XPath"
>
> File="[WixLibRedirectFolder]MyCorp.Enterprise.Service.dll.config"

ElementPath="//applicationSettings/MyCorp.Enterprise.Service.Properties.Setti
ngs/setting[\[]@name='IsMyCorpServer'[\]]/value"
>                           Action="setValue"
>                           Sequence="1"
>                           Value="false"/>
>
> and I want to do something like this:
> < ! [CDATA[CLIENT_INSTALL="1"] ] >
>
> but I can't add that conditional since I get this error:
> Error   41      Schema validation failed with the following error at line
> 1, column
> 3113: The element cannot contain text. Content model is empty.
> C:\Dev\Core

Technologies\Main\Setup\TitusServices\TitusEnterpriseManagementServicesMergeM
odule\MergeModule.wxs
> 18      1       TitusEnterpriseManagementServicesMergeModule
>

> how can I make a XmlFile change conditional? Can't use XmlConfig
> element since I have a text in the Value="false"
>
> <Component Id="cmp_EnterpriseServiceConfig"
> Guid="{76DCFB0D-B7BD-4089-AD4D-945931CD73FD}" Permanent="no"
> SharedDllRefCount="yes" Shared="yes">
>             <File Id="file_EnterpriseServiceConfig" KeyPath="yes"
> Name="MyCorp.Enterprise.Service.dll.config"

Source="$(var.tssSourcePath)\MyCorp.Enterprise.Service\MyCorp.Enterprise.Serv
ice.dll.config"
> />
>             <util:XmlConfig Id="DeleteClientGloriaConnectionString"
>                         Action="delete"
>
> File="[WixLibRedirectFolder]MyCorp.Enterprise.Service.dll.config"

ElementPath="//applicationSettings/MyCorp.Enterprise.Service.Properties.Setti
ngs/setting[\[]@name='IsMyCorpServer'[\]]/value"

VerifyPath="//applicationSettings/MyCorp.Enterprise.Service.Properties.Settin
gs/setting[\[]@name='IsMyCorpServer'[\]]/value"
>                         On="install"
>                         Node="element"
>                         Sequence="2"
>                         Value="false" >
>                 < ! [CDATA[CLIENT_INSTALL="1"] ] >
>             </util:XmlConfig>
> since I get this error:
> Error   34      The util:XmlConfig/@Value attribute cannot be specified
> when the
> element has body text as well. Specify either the attribute or the
> body, but
> not both.       C:\Dev\Core

Technologies\Main\Setup\TitusServices\TitusEnterpriseManagementServicesMergeM
odule\MergeModule.wxs
> 34      1       TitusEnterpriseManagementServicesMergeModule
>

> Steve

virtually,

   Rob Mensching
   http://RobMensching.com LLC
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.