I absolutely agree with this point. It would be very helpful to have
interfaces defined for BootstrapperApplication containing the events
it exposes, as well as for the Engine class. It's nigh impossible to do unit
tests on the interface classes without this step. I've created my own, but
that feels kind of hacky.

I would file a feature request, but the sourceforge website seems to be
throwing Error 500s right now.

> The wizard has one added feature: a debug window which can be turned
> on through the command line and displays all the install log messages
> directly in the setup wizard.
>
> The documentation for the managed BS is pretty scarce, so I had to look
> into WiX's source code and do a lot of trials and errors to get to this point
> (and I still have some issues to work through).

Pretty much what I had to do too. I really hope the documentation situation
is going to improve before the 3.7 release, because right now it's kind of
ridiculous. I feel like I just have wishful thinking and half-truths to go on
and
many times during the development process things broke because my
assumptions (based on what I could glean from source code and random
postings) were not correct. I'm kind of worrying about what's going to break
next due to something that is not obvious from the source code.

> Best regards,
> Igor Brejc

Regards,
Daniel E. Bruce